Why this is the so vital to achieve your dreams – Know Thyself
Self-knowledge is the key to achieve your dreams. The more self-knowledge you have the better you will be able to understand your passion and optimize your own talents, skills and strengths to achieve your dreams and goals in life. Thus your success in life is closely related to the extent that you know yourself.
Self-knowledge is a term used in psychology to describe the information that an individual draws upon when finding an answer to the question “What am I like?”ᵃ)
- Knowledge or understanding of one’s own nature, abilities, and limitations; insight into oneself.
- Knowledge or understanding of oneself and one’s character, abilities, motives, etc.
- Self-knowledge – an understanding of yourself and your goals and abilities.ᵇ)
- Knowledge or understanding of one’s own capabilities, character, feelings, or motivations.ᶜ)
- Self Knowledge is knowledge of what we truly are; it is the ultimate answer to the perennial question “Who am I?” ᵈ)
Self knowledge answers the following questions:
- Who am I?
- Why am I here?
- How do I break through the barriers that are preventing me from actualizing my destiny? ᵉ)
I see self-knowledge as the knowledge that helps me to answer basic questions about myself against the background of my abilities, character, talents, skills, personal strengths and passion.
“Once we accept our limits, we go beyond them.” – Albert Einstein
You, yourself or we ourselves are the “basic ability” that we have available to make a living. We use this “ability” to earn an income to live with. To enjoy life. To be happy or unhappy. To be successful or not. To achieve our goals or not.
The better we understand ourselves or the more self knowledge we have, the better we will be able to achieve the results in life that we aim for.
The successful Olympic athlete must know everything about his body. The more he knows the better training program his support team can develop to help him performing at peak level.
We are not athletes, but the same principle applies in our lives.
Every day we are using our “abilities” to work, to make decisions, to play, to do whatever we are or want to do. Self-knowledge will support us to perform at peak levels in all these activities.
The same principle applies to the home based business in its daily activities.
The more self-knowledge the home based business has the more he we will be able to develop himself to perform optimally in everything he does daily. This will help us to be more productive in our daily activities and support us in achieving his dreams as a home based business owner.
In this section there will be many articles to help the home based business owner understand himself better. This will support you in making better decisions and managing the business better.
There are a few articles to help you understanding your unique strengths, the importance of knowing and finding a home based business that you are passionate about, finding your “WHY” before deciding on which home based business to get involved in. These and many other self-knowledge issues will help you in making the correct decision to have a very successful home based business.
The fact that 95+ % of home based businesses are not successful is closely correlated, with wrong decisions, due to a lack of self-knowledge.
You can achieve your dreams in your home based business, but you have to optimize your own abilities so learn about your core competency, your distinctive competencies and how to use them to achieve success.
Join us on the journey to success, the successful Olympic athlete knows his own capabilities, he exercises them. Let us use these principles to achieve our dreams as a successful home based business owner.
- “The only person who can pull me down is myself, and I’m not going to let myself pull me down anymore.” – C. JoyBell
- “Once we accept our limits, we go beyond them.” – Albert Einstein
- “Self-knowledge is better than self-control any day,” Raquel said firmly. “And I know myself well enough to know how I act around cookies.” – Claudia Gray
- “Class is an aura of confidence that is being sure without being cocky. Class has nothing to do with money. Class never runs scared. It is self-discipline and self-knowledge. It’s the sure-footedness that comes with having proved you can meet life.” – Ann Landers
- “Without self knowledge, without understanding the working and functions of his machine, man cannot be free, he cannot govern himself and he will always remain a slave.” – G.I. Gurdjieff
- “Knowledge can be acquired by a suitable and complete study, no matter what the starting point is. Only one must know how to ‘learn.’ What is nearest to us is man; and you are the nearest of all men to yourself. Begin with the study of yourself; remember the saying ‘Know thyself.” – G.I. Gurdjieff
- “As I think of myself, so I shall be.” – Vironika Tugaleva
- “Self-Knowledge is the Jewel of all Knowledge.”-Serena Jade” – Serena Jade
- “The greatest tragedy that can befall a man is never to know who he really is.” – James Carlos Blake
- “Distinguishing the signal from the noise requires both scientific knowledge and self-knowledge: the serenity to accept the things we cannot predict, the courage to predict the things we can, and the wisdom to know the difference.” – Nate Silver
- “I sometimes pray not for self-knowledge in general but for just so much self knowledge at the moment as I can bear and use at the moment; the little daily dose.” – C.S. Lewis