These businessmen have reached the summit of Business success. They are willing to share some of their secrets with us.
Learn form people like: Bill Gates, Oprah Winfrey, John D. Rockefeller, Larry Ellison, J. Paul Getty, Warren Buffett, Jeff Bezos, J. K. Rowlin, John Johnson, Li Ka Shing, Mukesh Ambani, Giorgio Armani, and many others.
- My circumstances don’t control the success and well-being (satisfaction) of my career.
- My attitude controls my career, my success and well-being.
I cannot change the circumstance, but I can change my attitude.
I will change my attitude.
I am committed to change my attitude
- Whatever I fear most in my career I will identify it and face it.
- It may not disappear, but I will solve it.
I don’t want to rely on others for the success of my future career.
I will face the implications of this uncertainty and solve it.
- I cannot achieve my career dreams on my own.
I have to collaborate with my family, friends to build a support network to achieve my dreams.
I will actively collaborate with them.
- I will unleash/develop/optimize my true potential.
I do have undeveloped skills, talents and ideas. I want to use them.
I will work and develop myself to my true full potential to be financially self sufficient and make a contribution to society.
- I am committed to a continuous learning and self development
I have the drive, commitment and self-discipline to develop my full potential.
I will use these abilities of mine to develop a service/product to deliver a unique value to people/customers. I will find it.
- I want to be in control of my own future career, employment and lifestyle.
I am willing to make a decision and take the necessary action to start working towards my dreams.
I will not: Procrastinate
I will: Persevere
I will: Never never give up
I will: Win
Some of the most obvious reasons are the following:
- People do have a very good new business idea that they want to exploit and they want to have control over their own ideas.
- They do believe they can earn a bigger income by working on their own from home than working for a boss.
- They do want to be more flexible in their working hours, taking holidays, clothing and other related issues.
- They do want to be their own boss and have the self-confidence to take charge of their own business life.
- Waist less time on travelling to and from the work daily or do not like the travelling routine.
- Tax and other cost savings advantages.
- They do believe they are not valued correctly being employed, can create more value and earn more money.
- There may be some family commitment or family related reasons.
These and many other are legitimate reasons to start your own self-employed business. There are some other driving forces why people do start their own business that will cause their business to fail. Learn more.
Understand these reasons for self-employment
It is important to understand the most important skills needed to become self-employed.
Your risks of failure will be much less or totally reduced if you do have these most important skills or are willing to develop them before you start your own self-employment venture.
- You must have a passion for what you are doing.
- If you are creative you will be able to spot opportunities and exploit them better than your competitors.
- Being self-employed require commitment. You must be able to continue irrespective of any problems or setbacks.
- You will have to drive yourself. Self-discipline is of the utmost importance.
- In any business taking risks is an integral part of success. You must be able to life with uncertainty.
- You must be able to communicate and develop your network, stakeholders and support team.
- Commercial knowledge and an understanding of a business environment is important.
If you do have confidence in you own skills and abilities you can be successful being self-employed. Read more.
You do have developed the bad habits due to choices you have made in the past.
The same way by which we do learn bad habits we can learn good habits or change our habits. If bad habits prevents you from achieving your dreams you must seriously consider changing your habits.
Both these—developing good or bad habits —- we can control.
Learn more about these and get guidance on how by reading here.Develop this new habit
Learn more about why do people fail in self-employed businesses? People fail in self-employed businesses, because they start their self-employed business either for the wrong reasons or in the wrong way.
Many examples exist of people that are not successful developing their own businesses. Research has shown that an estimate of about 97% of the people who start their own business on the internet don’t reach their goals. From entrepreneurs starting their own businesses in other environments about 75% fail within the first 3 years.
The question is why? How can you prevent it if you want to become self-employed? Some of the main reasons for these failures are:
• Some people are desperate in making a decision to start their own business without doing proper planning and research.
• They see it as a get-rich-quick opportunity.
• They don’t have the passion or skills to develop a business on their own.
• They lack self-discipline to do what is needed to make a success of the business.
• They are not willing to make the sacrifices needed to be successful.
• Their business concept or product idea is not viable and they are not successful in creating value that the consumer is willing to pay for.
• They have the wrong attitude and are not willing to take responsibility for their decisions and pass blame to the circumstances, or the market.
• They don’t want to innovate and change with the market or the business environment.
• They are not able to communicate and convinced that the market of the value that they do create
• Not able to deliver a quality product that the consumers are willing to pay for.
These and many related issues will be discussed here.
Success something personal: success is not the same for everybody, the only meaningful and everlasting definition of success is your own view of success. It should be your own definition, and not the definition of others.
There are various definitions for the meaning of success. Everybody tends to have their own.
In the eye of the public many people seem to be successful because they have material things or they are good looking or have an easy going personality or they are good at sport or have a craft talent or whatever it may be that other people have reason to envying them.
The real question is do those people consider themselves as being successful? If a person has lots of money or they are a famous sport star they will be considered as being successful, but if they don’t enjoy the lifestyle or are not happy are they really successful?
Real success in life is more about something from within than what others see in you.
That is the reason why self-employment is about your own self. Learn to know yourself. Gain maximum self-knowledge. That must be your guide to determine the self-employment opportunity you want to explore.
Define what is success to you and not success in the eyes of others, because true success is something personal.
On this platform that will be the guiding line.